Friday, April 1, 2011

Micah's Progress

I'm realizing that I regret not having a journal for Micah beginning in my pregnancy with him, so I'm going to try to piece together what I remember about the first year and start blogging about his life. Most big moments have been captured in pictures, so I might need to look back to my photo folders for a refresher. Here are some quick thoughts:

Seven months: First teeth (bottom two)

Ten months: Micah can say "bird" and "ball" and has started crawling.

February: We are at Aunt Joanne's for a President's Day weekend. The top left molar is pushing through. Micah is having a terrible time sleeping. Sometime around

Thirteen months: Micah has started walking! He growls at the vacuum cleaner ("grr") and at any other machines that make noise (the blender, the Kitchenaid mixer, the Shop Vac, Brian's drill, the paper shredder). He seems to like machinery. And the best part--he points at anything and everything and says, "What's that?" Hilarious!

March 3: Micah woke up, nursed, and I put him on the changing pad. As soon as I had the diaper off, he rolled onto his stomach and fell asleep again.

March 9: We were eating dinner, and I asked Micah if he wanted a bite of chicken. He said, "Mrow". We've been trying so hard to call the cat "Kitty" or "The Cat", but I guess he knows more than I think :)

This week: Micah points when a car drives past and says "car car"

Today: Micah woke up and started talking to himself in his crib instead of crying for me right away! That's an accomplishment. He is maturing so quickly! We went to his closet this morning and he pulled the door open and pointed to the flamingo Beanie Baby in there, then wanted to see my little farm that my parents had given me back when I was in high school as a joke. I brought the farm out to the living room and he has been playing with it happily for the past 30 minutes (another milestone--he is rarely happy to play alone). He found the tractor and trailer and has been saying "car car" and says "quack quack" and "duck" to the duck.

For breakfast today, he fed himself eggs for the first time! He hasn't liked them before today :)

And we were playing in his room this morning and he kept bringing me books to read. So sweet. Love that little boy.

No comments: